The Henniker Rotary Chili Fest takes place in August each year
Chili Contestant Guidelines
- ELIGIBILITY: Anyone 18 years of age or older is
welcome to enter the Chili Contest, including Rotarians
and their immediate family members ("family members" are
defined as parent, child, spouse, sibling and/or
- PLEASE SIGN THE ATTACHED INDEMNITY AGREEMENT AND
RETURN WITH YOUR ENTRY FORM.
- We do not specify ingredients for your CHILI. Please bring
a small sign indicating if there are any
ingredients such as nuts which might cause an allergic
- Amount of Chili required PER CATEGORY:
- PROFESSIONAL: MINIMUM 6 GALLONS
- AMATEUR: MINIMUM 4 GALLONS
- Limit servings to one tasting cup per individual (1/2 ounce).
Balloting ends at 3:30 p.m.
- TWO (2) SERVERS required per chili entry.
- Chili must be prepared off site and delivered in
containers supplied at mandatory Pre-Chili Meeting***
Contestants should serve chili from steam trays,
heated with sterno. No crock pots, electricity is
A 3' x 4' table for amateurs, a 2 1/2' x 8' table for professionals,
tasting cups, spoons, table cloth and napkins will be provided.
CHILI MUST BE READY TO BE SERVED BY 11:30 AM.
Each chili entrant receives two voting tickets for two
servers ($24 VALUE). You may enter one or more different
chili recipes. Separate fee for each entry
Winners will be announced at approximately 4:30 p.m.
- All winners receive a plaque
- All winners in the professional division receive a chili
banner for display purposes
- The Independent Judging first place winner in the
amateur division will receive a cash award of $1,000
- All entries are eligible for the Best Table Design in
each division. We encourage you to create a team theme and
decorate your table
***MANDATORY PRE-CHILI MEETING FOR ALL CHILI MAKERS***
Tuesday, August 16th, 6:30 p.m. at Pat's Peak.
At the Pre-Chili Meeting table assignments will be made
by lottery, event day details will be discussed,
Chili containers with your space # will be provided and
access passes will be distributed.
If you have any
questions, please contact Mary
Krotzer at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 603-560-6279
Mark Sunday, August 20th, 2017
on your calendars and prepare to
join your neighbors and friends in this annual family
friendly event at Pats Peak Ski Area, 686 Flanders Road, Henniker, NH
Proceeds from the annual Chili Fest
support local, national and international projects sponsored
by the Henniker Rotary Club and Rotary International.